Types of surgical treatment are
- Study and orthotic correction of biomechanical alterations due to diabetic foot;
- Conservative treatment of non-complicated diabetic ulcers of the foot and lower limb;
- Conservative surgery of ulcers and osteomyelitis;
- Emergency surgery to save the limb (LIMB SALVAGE);
- Prophylaxis and preventive surgery in Charcot arthropathy;
- Surgery for osteomyelitis and Charcot arthropathy.
Screening and diagnosis of complications of diabetes affecting the lower limbs;
The multi-disciplinary approach - which is the hallmark of the recognised effectiveness of GVM methods - is applied to the treatment of the Diabetic Foot thanks to the synergy of teams of specialists that include Cardiologists, Diabetologists, Vascular Surgeons, Haemodynamic Specialists, Podologists, Specialised Nurses and Orthopaedic Technicians who help the Diabetic Foot Surgeon select the right treatment for the specific needs of the patient.