Located in one of the most evocative and elegant areas of Turin, the Santa Caterina da Siena Clinic has always been a point of reference in the Turin private healthcare sector. It has been active since 1906, when the Dominican Sisters of Saint Catherine of Siena obtained authorization for a general care home with eight gynecology beds.
The outbreak of the First World War, with the mobilization of medical personnel, led to a state of crisis. Years marked by difficulties followed until in 1930 the two adjacent buildings (hosting respectively the convent at 17 in Via Villa della Regina and the clinic at 19) were purchased by the Sisters. In 1946 the buildings were restored from the damage suffered by the Second World War and six years later a new wing was added. The Nursing Home thus became capable of about forty beds. Towards the end of the sixties, another step was taken with the addition of a new four-story building and the innovation of all the equipment. From 2000 to 2005 the Nursing Home was completely renovated in terms of its structure, technologies and organizational systems.
On 1 June 2010 the clinic was acquired by GVM Care & Research, a group present with a network of healthcare facilities both nationally and internationally. It currently consists of two separate buildings, joined by an external gallery. Multi-specialty surgical nursing home has 66 beds spread over six functional units and 4 operating rooms equipped with the latest technology. In accordance with the standards of the GVM group, the Santa Caterina da Siena Clinic combines professionalism, cutting-edge technology and high-level hotel comfort with a strong focus on customer service inspired by principles of humanity and the centrality of the person.